1. I wish I could say that I would just move if Romney became President but I’m not tryin to come up from dirt just to fly away when shit gets harder. God knows I’ve had more than my fair share of help and second chances so who the fuck would I be if, after all that, I just went wherever life was cushiest and left everybody who needs that same hand up to rot?
So, while I hope to any merciful deity that Romney will NOT be President, I will not be moving to Canada or anywhere else should the electorate decide to fuck everyone over. I will be staying here, spitting venom and trying to get into a position that allows me to focus on making sure I’m doing everything I can to be a reliable resource for anyone and everyone who needs a reliable resource.
Shit, we all gotta stay. We all have to be here giving a shit about each other and every other person living on or below the poverty line because Mitt Romney sure as hell won’t be. That guy still seems pretty convinced that his income is moderate.
2. Kat had an interview today to be a live-in nanny for the woman who put together Black Girls Rock. She is doing a trial stay with another family right now but I can’t really contain my fangirl self and I feel bad for my continual “Janelle Monae was there and Missy Elliot and Ciara performed together and Idris Elba DJed, you have to do that one so I CAN MEET HER!”-ing. Thankfully, Kat has known me since she was born so she is more than capable of completely ignoring my emotional outbursts about organizers of awesome events/ideas.
3. I need to learn how to just write papers before the night they’re due. Why do I have SUCH a hard time with this?
4. My non-western art prof is totally shit-talking me with her TA behind my back and is officially giving me lower marks based on my “not getting the point”. Still refuses to entertain the issues I’ve raised as legitimate. I’m just here saying the point can fuck off because the assumptions the point is based on are all kinds of fuckkked up. How can you even read essays disputing the basis of the argument and respond with “you obviously missed the point”? I’m not missing the point, I’m disputing the legitimacy of the point. Did I mention the TA sent me an extremely passive-aggressive bitchy response to my last paper? Because that happened and I hope I see her once after final grades come in so I can tell her exactly where she can shove her fucking attitude problem.
5. I miss brunch with Jillian. She is the best.
6. Fuck, I forgot to practice ASL. I’m such an asshole. I never remember to practice and it’s so disrespectful and rude. I feel like every time I come to class without having practiced it’s because somewhere I’ve internalized the idea that ASL is not important and is just something you pick up as a hobby or because you know someone who’s deaf. I hate that and I am going to figure out better ways to combat that within myself. I’m gonna go practice right now. And not just by watching Switched At Birth.